The Colorado Association for Manufacturing and Technology (CAMT) is a statewide manufacturing assistance center, partially funded by the NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP). CAMT encourages the strength and competitiveness of Colorado manufacturers through on-site technical assistance and support, collaboration-focused industry programs, and leveraging government, university and economic development partnerships. CAMT hosts myriad programs in support of its mission.
Through onsite support and technical assistance, CAMT works to boost the competitiveness of Colorado manufacturers. CAMT’s experienced engineers and business professionals with skills in manufacturing, management, process and technology work closely with manufacturers to provide company assessments and customized solutions including hands-on facilitation and implementation.
CAMT is committed to maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and providing results that improve a company's bottom line. Economic impact has been significant as reflected below:
Estimates of Client Benefits - Cumulative Jan. 2008 - March 2013
- Increased Sales - $49,776,301
- Cost Savings - $26,644,456
- Jobs Created - 579
- Jobs Retained - 901
- Investment in New Products and Services Stemming from CAMT Services - $3,621,630*
Source: Independent surveys of over 175 companies. * Investment in products and process has been collected since January 2012
- CAMT has developed a web portal designed to strengthen the supply chain through enabling companies to search for local suppliers, post jobs, and collaborate on larger national and international opportunities.
- By partnering with Colorado universities and national laboratories, CAMT helps manufacturers access academic resources and find technology that is available to integrate with their product development.
- Business networks are imperative to achieving regional industry growth, and CAMT has been a key driver in the initiation of manufacturing taskforces across the state. These taskforces provide a platform for business leaders to learn from other successful business leaders, share technical knowledge and innovations, and uncover strategic partnership opportunities.
- As a statewide manufacturing advocate, CAMT provides industry analysis to support state-wide economic development initiatives.