The Manufacturing Center of Excellence (MCOE) is a partnership working to ensure the global competitiveness of the manufacturing industry in the southern region of Colorado. By providing access to advanced manufacturing training and education programs, MCOE aims to grow and sustain manufacturing competitiveness.
The MCOE offers programs in three key areas:
E3 (Energy, Environment, Economy): Audits and assessments will enable companies to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies, reduce carbon footprints, —and ultimately save money.
Originally developed in 2008 by five federal agencies (EPA, DOE, DOC, DOL and the SBA), E3 is a community-based effort to establish replicable, self-sustaining initiatives that simultaneously increase the sustainable practices and profitability of manufacturers.
Rising energy costs, resource shortages, customer sustainability demands are requiring manufacturers to utilize innovative resources in order to remain profitable, competitive and sustainable.To cost effectively enable Colorado manufacturers to address these challenges, CAMT offers the following services in conjunction with the Colorado Department of Health and Environment:
- Energy Assessment -- Facility energy use tracking, baseline establishment, benchmarking and improvement plan
- Environmental Assessment -- Emissions, chemical usage and waste tracking throughout your company with improvement plan
- Green Value Stream Mapping -- Environmental wastes identification and reduction in your manufacturing process
- The E3 Package -- All three E3 services are conducted simultaneously for maximized impact
Business development: Market research and business growth resources are available to identify emerging opportunities and assess associated costs and risks of entering new markets. Furthermore, companies can utilize a variety of productivity and quality services to attain operational excellence goals.
Technology acceleration: Identify business expansion opportunities through technology acquisition, technology roadmapping and collaboration on synergistic supplier development programs.
- NIST MEP
- Colorado Department of Labor & Employment (Pueblo Workforce Center)
- Pueblo Community College (Economic & Workforce Development Division)
- Colorado State University – Pueblo
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Pueblo Economic Development Corporation
- Colorado Workforce Southeast Sub-Region
- Small Business Development Center
For More Information:
Contact Belinda Popovich via email or 719.651.6529.