Process Engineering Manager
This position is responsible for managing the development and implementation
of process and programs to optimize productivity, improve product
consistency/quality, and help to drive cost reduction ideas and actions.
Additionally, this position will support new product development by
identifying and implementing process and equipment changes needed for product
scale-up and successful commercialization. The incumbent will work closely
with the management and employee teams in production, process control,
quality, process improvement, and engineering area to drive results.
- Develop and implement programs for process to improve productivity in the plant.
- Works with Quality to spearhead the implementation and application of continuous process improvement activities
- Develop and implement programs and initiatives to assure continuous improvement of process controls including instrumentation and statistical process controls (SPC/CP/CPK).
- Champion and lead the use of Six Sigma techniques to improve productivity, improve yields, reduce waste, increase production capacity, and improve productivity.
- Provide leadership for technical troubleshooting activities.
- Develop and implement programs to continuously improve the technical skills of the workforce through training and hands-on experience.
- Works with R & D to provide process engineering leadership on product launch teams and represent process in new product commercialization activities.
- Spearhead the development of procedures and programs for the continuous improvement of safety performance in the plant.
- Lead capital projects as assigned and required
- Lead increased teamwork among operations teams and other functional areas of the business.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, specializing in a related field such as chemical engineering, materials science, etc. Advanced degree highly desirable. Must have proven success in a management role and demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, motivate and lead others.
- Experience in process engineering in a high volume manufacturing environment, plus additional progressive management experience of a technical process team.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in implementing world class
- manufacturing techniques (SPC, six sigma, lean, 5S)
- Able to work in a high energy, schedule driven environment with unyielding conviction for world class quality. Ability to work effectively with diverse groups and to lead by example throughout the organization.