Tool and Diemaker
POSITION TITLE: Journeyman Tool and Diemaker
REPORTS TO: Tool and Die Supervisor
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To ensure all dies are running quality approved parts on schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops die function and structure by studying blueprints of die, product, and prototypes; applying knowledge of material under stress, machining and assembly methods, and mathematics.
- Machines parts by measuring, marking, and scribing stock setting up and operating lathe, mill, radial drill, shaper, grinder, etc.
- Confirms parts by comparing measurements to specifications.
- Assembles die by shaping, smoothing, and fitting parts with grinders, files, stones, etc.
- Confirms assembly by verifying dimensions, clearances, and alignment of parts and components with micrometers, thickness gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, etc.
- Completes assembly by bolting and doweling parts and components together with hammers, wrenches, etc. connecting wiring and hydraulic lines.
- Confirms performance of die by installing die inspecting operation of die making adjustments comparing finished product to specifications.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering assembly to meet specifications notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking supplies to determine amount available.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing logs in MP2.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrates Qualtek’s values and behaviors every day
- Follows all Qualtek safety rules and reports any potential safety issues to the Safety Representative or Management
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Lifting, reaching, extending and retracting arms is required.
- Must be able to maneuver heavy dies.
- Other duties, as required
- Journeyman Tool and Diemaker certification
- Minimum 8 years experience as a Tool and Diemaker
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork
- 2 year Technical degree or equivalent
- Time management skills
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative
- Demonstrate Qualtek’s Values and Behaviors
- Working knowledge of feed systems and a variety of sensors required
- Competent forklift handling
- Contribute to team effort by performing work in other areas/jobs of the machine shop as needed
- Proficient in SolidWorks, Esprit, Excel and MP2 software
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- 100 percent production uptime
- Complete daily targeted goals